Maine Fishing License has many waterways for fishing. There are many waterways in Maine, including streams, lakes, rivers, streams and estuaries. The Maine coast faces the Atlantic Ocean. A fishing license is required for all freshwater and saltwater fish species. For warm and cold water, there are several species of fish: salmon, trout and chart. For saltwater games, there are the Atlantic salmon, sturgeon and striped bass as well as haddock, tuna, halibut and halibut. These saltwater fish are subject to very strict regulations.
Your Maine fishing license can be purchased at the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife website, or at any licensed tackle shop. It is important to familiarize yourself with the state regulations regarding fishing season and bag limits.
- Information about the ME Freshwater Fishing License
- Information about Maine Saltwater Fishing License
- Purchase your Maine fishing license online
Maine has its own fishing laws and regulations. The rules will vary depending on whether you are fishing open water, saltwater or ice. Failure to follow these rules could lead to the loss of fish or even the endangerment of some species. Fishing for the enjoyment of fishing will cease to be a sport, and even a food source for future generations. These links will provide information about Maine’s fishing laws.
- ME Open Water Fishing Regulations and Seasons
- ME Open Water and Ice Fishing Laws & Rules
- Maine Saltwater Recreational Fishing Regulations
As evidenced by the increase in fishing licenses, there seems to have been an increase in anglers in Maine. This means that the fish resources and waterways are under increased pressure. A portion of the money generated by the issuance fishing licenses is used to develop efficient fish management plans and protection plans that are supervised by biologists and credible scientists. By simply following fishing laws and regulations, everyone can help preserve and conserve these resources.
First, get a fishing license before you can fish at Rangeley Lake State Park or other beautiful freshwater and marine sites in Maine. You can enjoy Main’s rich biodiversity, including rare species of open-water fish, ice fish and saltwater fish, by having the correct license, permit, tag and tag.
A fishing license does not give an angler permission to use the environment. The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife has the responsibility of implementing regulations and designing policies that regulate fishing in State waters. But everyone must ensure that Maine’s natural resources are protected. The State’s natural wonders will be lost forever if they are not preserved.
Licenses ensure that anglers follow fishing regulations. The proceeds from license sales will be used to support conservation efforts at the DIFW. This includes research projects and breeding projects. This article will help answer any questions you may have about Maine’s fishing licenses.
Who must purchase a Maine fishing license?
All anglers and fishermen, resident or non-resident, must purchase the required licenses and permits to allow them to fish in inland waterways and transport fish from inland waters. Like other states, residents can also purchase special licenses and receive special discounts.
Important Maine License Provisions
Anglers who wish to fish in Maine’s inland waters or transport fish from them must always have their fishing license on them. Any warden, employee of the department, guide or landowner may ask for their license. A digital copy of Maine’s fishing license and permits may be used in place of a paper one.
It is also important to realize that possession of fishing equipment in fields, forests, or on waters or ice of this state without a fishing license is a violation.
How do I purchase?
These agents can be found in sporting goods shops, convenience stores, town clerks, turnpike service centres, and many other stores. You can also purchase your fishing licence directly from the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife in Augusta.
Maine, like all other states in the U.S.A. requires anglers 16 and over to obtain a fishing license. These licenses are also priced differently depending on whether an applicant is a resident of a non-resident. Below is a list of the different types of fishing licences you can buy in Maine, and their prices:
Non-residents and residents who are 16 or older must purchase a Season Fishing License. It costs $25.00 to purchase a Season Fishing License if you are a resident. Otherwise, it will cost $64. Combination Fishing and Hunting Licenses allow holders to fish and hunt throughout the state of Maine for $43.00 and $150.00 respectively. For $43.00, residents can also purchase a Combination Fishing and Archery License. The Maine fishing license expires each December 31 of every calendar year.
Non-residents and residents also have the option of purchasing a 1-day fishing licence for $11.00. Maine residents can also exchange their 1-day fishing license for a season fishing, combination hunting, or fishing license by paying the difference between the fee for the season licence and the fee for an agent.
Non-residents can purchase a 3-day or 7-day fishing licence for $23.00 to $43.00 and $47.00 respectively. Non-residents who have previously purchased a 15 day license can also exchange it for a nonresident season fishing licence by paying $17 plus the agent’s fee.
Military personnel are entitled to a reduced license fee upon presentation if they have the required proof of active duty. Maine residents who are permanently stationed outside of the state also have the right to the same benefits. Non-residents aged 18-24 who are enrolled full-time at a Maine college may also be eligible for a resident license for fishing, hunting & trapping.
- Permits and special licenses
- Maine Lifetime License
A Lifetime Fishing License can be purchased for yourself or as a gift for someone else. This would allow the bearer of the license to fish, trap and/or hunt their entire life, no matter where they live. Below is a list of Lifetime Licenses you can buy in Maine.
- ♥【Adjustable Multi-Use Bag】Designed for comfort and ultra-convenience, lightweight adjustable fishing bag can be quickly changed from a backpack to a sling shoulder bag and vice versa due to 2 left/right exchangeable, adjustable shoulder straps and an waist strap. The shoulder strap length can also be extended up to 48”. It could also be adjusted as a chest bag, handbag, fishing tackle bag, and travelling bag to satisfy your different needs for a fishing trip.
- ♥【Water-Resistant & Durable】Made from high quality, water-resistant 600D high density nylon fabric with extra firm stitching to stand up to the different uses and fishing styles of our customers across the world. The abrasion resistant and indestructible buckle and full-length double zippers are considerably more durable than other competitors’ backpack.With our abrasion resistant materials, you can take this tackle bag to any freshwater or saltwater fishing trips.
- ♥【Extremely Comfortable Ergonomic Design】Thicker padded back and a breathable design paired with adjustable, breathable and padded shoulder straps give you ultimate comfort all day & night long, no matter where you decide to adventure. It easy to carry, relieve shoulder fatigue effectively, and make the user feel very comfortable.
- ♥【Multifunctional Tackle Bag】Our backpack & sling bag is plenty large enough for you to store your favorite fishing gear, line, wallet, phone, keys and any other accessories you want to keep safe . Four external zippered pockets for storing your daily items with quick access. There is a left pocket for water cup/bottle and a right pocket for tools such as pliers, knife, screwdriver, etc. Two rod belts on the side and the bottom patched belt are designed for fishing rod storage.
- ♥【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】Our fishing baits offer 90 days quality assurance and lifetime professional customer service. Please feel free to contact us anytime. Our friendly and reliable customer service will respond to you within 24 hours.
- FISHING ROD : The Sougayilang spinning fishing rod is built from 24-ton graphite and strong carbon composite frame & side plates, a lightweight & comfortable oversized ergonomic cork grips.The welded stainless steel guides with Zirconium Oxide rings for superior casting distance and accuracy while dissipating heat more efficiently which delivers excellent durability with monofilament, fluorocarbon and braided lines
- SPINNING REEL: 2000 Size Spinning reel have 13 corrosion resistant smooth ball bearings and one instant stop one-way anti-reverse bearing powerful 5.2:1 gear ratios with CNC machined gear,which makes it more smooth and durable. Hollow frame design and computer balancing system combined with high performance and light weight for long time fishing.
- COMFORTABLE COMBO: Sougayilang spinning rod and reel combos are often valued for increased sensitivity and accuracy in a variety of conditions.These rods contain a combination of lightweight power, durability, sensitivity .The Regardless whether you’re a beginning angler or a seasoned pro, having the right fishing gear can make the difference in having a successful fishing expedition.
- EASY AND PORTABLE:The fishing rod is designed in a knotted mode, Made of carbon fiber, ultra-light weight, easy to carry,suitable for travel, 4-Piece Rod and easy to disassemble, you won’t get tired of fishing.Sougayilang spinning rod reel combo is a great choice for lighter freshwater applications. Ideal for gamefish including freshwater fish like bass, walleye, trout as well as popular inshore species like redfish.
- PERFECT GIFT:Sougayilang thinks this is a perfect gift.The fishing rod set uses colorful to inspire you to fishing more.2 years suppopt -We give 100% heart to our customers, so whatever the problem you have, as long as you ask for help , Sougayilang will help you solve it within 24 hours!
- Huk: Uniting anglers through performance-engineered, technical gear designed to fuel your passion and pursuit no matter when, where or how you fish
- SUN PROTECTION: The Huk ICON X Hoodie is one of the most popular fishing shirts available
- ANTI-MICROBIAL: Designed with an anti-microbial treatment that inhibits and kills the growth of odor causing micro-organisms
- SUPERIOR BREATH-ABILITY: Huk performance shirt includes special fibers that transport sweat away from the skin and synthetic materials that allow air to pass through to create superior breath-ability
- STAIN RESISTANT: Created with a stain resistant treatment that keeps stains from sticking and easier to wash out